Court Involved Therapist Consultation + Study Group
Monthly Membership (In and outside of CA)
For good and valuable consideration of $90 per month billed automatically each month, Client has agreed to purchase the Court Involved Consultation + Study Group Monthly Membership (hereinafter “Program”). In exchange, Consultant agrees to provide the services outlined in the Program Details below, and Program Outline Addendum attached hereto.
- Program Outline:
- Client agrees and understands that he/she is purchasing a monthly membership that grants access to two groups per month.
- For Clients Licensed in CA: These groups can be considered clinical consultation. You may present actual cases and get specific support/suggestions for your work with clients.
- For Clients Licensed Outside of CA: These groups can be considered a study/training group. You may present hypothetical cases and get advice/suggestions on how to support hypothetical family situations. You may not consider this clinical consultation.
- Groups will focus on co-parenting counseling, family therapy with a focus on resist/refuse dynamics, and supporting kids and adults in a high conflict family dynamics. Groups will take place on the 2nd Monday of the Month, 9-10:30 (Led by Elizabeth Crenshaw) Pacific Time and on the 4th Thursday of the Month, 12-1:30 (led by Dené Carroll). All groups will be 90 minutes. Facilitator and times may change with 4-weeks notice, posted in your portal.
- Client acknowledges that he/she has read the Program Outline Addendum and conducted any additional research necessary to feel he/she understands what is being provided in Court Involved Consultation + Study Group Monthly Membership as well as what is not included. Client agrees to be bound by the terms and conditions outlined herein, as well as the general policies and procedures that can be found in this Agreement and on Consultant’s website.
- Consultant respects each client’s privacy, and will not reveal anything said by Client in consultation/study group sessions without prior written consent from Client, other than in the following scenarios:
- Suspected abuse to another individual or self, with your written permission, fee or contractual dispute, unintentional breach due to electronic or online communication (including but not limited to e-mail, Facebook messenger, Instagram direct messaging, WhatsApp, Court Involved Therapist Membership Portal including comments), and phone and video recorded sessions.
- Client and Consultant agree that the responsibility to refrain from disclosing or sharing any and all Confidential Information learned as a result of Client working with Consultant shall survive the expiration of this Agreement and Consultant’s services. This means Client and Consultant both agree to continue to keep Confidential Information private, even after the completion of working with Consultant.
- Should Client breach this provision and disclose confidential or proprietary information belonging to Consultant or another participating in the Program, Client understands additional action may be taken by Consultant up to and including legal action.
- If any services within Program include sessions via phone, Skype, Zoom, or any other form of online video or audio session, Client understands the risks and potential consequences of such sessions, including but not limited to the possibility that the transmission of information could be distorted, interrupted, or accessed by unauthorized persons. Client gives his/her informed consent to engage in phone or online video sessions as part of his/her Consulting package.
- Client also understands that due to the “group” nature of the Program, he/she may also obtain access to or otherwise become exposed to confidential or proprietary information belonging to other clients within the same group program via the community chat board available to all members within the membership portal. Client understands and agrees he/she will not disclose, steal, use, distribute, copy, or otherwise share or use any proprietary or confidential information belonging to another client in the group program. Client will also protect the privacy of his/her clients according to the legal and ethical standards that are expected of therapists during professional case consultation.Client understands if he/she violates this provision, he or she may be liable to the third-party group member for infringement. Client will hold Consultant harmless from any such third-party action taken against Client for such infringement or disclosure.
- Consultant may request Client provide a testimonial to be published on Consultant’s website, or on various sales materials for this or another Program created by Consultant. Client understands that he or she is not required to give any testimony, and understands that the choice to do so is freely up to Client. There will be no ramifications or change in relationship between Consultant and Client if Client refuses testimonial.
- If Client accepts and provides Consultant with a testimonial, Client understands the material, along with a photo of Client, will likely be published on Consultant’s website or otherwise. Should Client agree to provide a testimonial, Client will agree to review and sign an additional Release, confirming same, and confirming Consultant’s rights to use Client’s testimonial. No payment or additional services will be provided in return for Testimonial, and Client understands he or she is granting Consultant an unlimited, irrevocable license in perpetuity to use, publish, distribute, or repurpose any information provided to Consultant as part of a Testimonial.
- Payment and Payment Plans
- Client understands the cost of the program is ninty dollars, paid monthly through automatic payment ($90 per month), which is payable monthly, up front, in full, unless a payment plan has been offered by Consultant, or otherwise arranged between Consultant and Client. Client agrees to render payment via the membership portal to include Visa and American Express. Client understands he/she is responsible for the full payment each month and agrees to pay the sum requested electronically, via Consultant’s website or a designated third party payment processor of Consultant’s choosing, in full. Absent an agreement regarding a payment plan with Consultant, Client must complete payment in full before becoming entitled to any products or services included within Program. Additionally, if there is any problem with the Client’s monthly payment or if a monthly payment is unable to be processed for any reason, the Client will lose access to their membership portal.
- If Consultant has offered a payment plan, Client agrees to abide by the rules and payments as explained on Consultant’s sales page. Should Client fail to make timely payments, or if additional payments are not able to be processed, Client understands: (1) the reminder of the Program may be forfeited if payment is not made within four days of the date it is due, and (2) Client will owe a $50 late fee if he/she has not made the appropriate payment after the four day grace period.
- Consultant reserves the right to cancel or cease working with Client should he/she fail to make additional payments in accordance with the payment plan as agreed upon at the beginning of the Program. Should this occur, Client understands he/she is not entitled to a refund of funds already issues to Consultant in exchange for work completed thus far, and it is up to the sole discretion of Consultant whether Client is to have continued access to any materials made available to Client during the Program up until payments were missed.
- If Client and Consultant have not agreed upon a payment plan, Client understands one is not available, and agrees to provide payment in full, upfront, in the manner(s) designated on Consultant’s sales page.
- Refund Policy
- Due to the subjective nature of the Program provided by Consultant, and Consultant’s inability to control Client’s availability, motivation, external forces, financial situation, or level of engagement in Program, Consultant is not able to offer refunds once Client has purchased the program. If Consultant is somehow unable to provide services as outlined on sales page, regardless of Client results, Consultant or his/her team will be in touch regarding rescheduling, and/or discussing an alternative form of services, in order to fulfill obligations. If there needs to be a change in the date/time of regularly scheduled consultation meetings, Consultant will either find another qualified person to facilitate the group, or will provide 2 weeks notice of any change. These changes will be posted in the membership portal, and announced via the “announce” feature. If Consultant is not able to reschedule, and no suitable alternative form of service is available, Client may be entitled to a partial refund, depending on the amount of work Consultant and Client were able to complete. If partial services were performed, Consultant and Client may come to an agreement whereby a partial refund is issued, at Consultant’s discretion. This change in price will only impact the month during which there was a change in the consultation dates/times, and the regular monthly subscription fee will be due for all subsequent months.
- Medical Disclaimer – Not Medical or Professional Advice
- The purpose and goal of Program is to provide professional consultation services and training to therapists working with families experiencing a high conflict divorce or separation. Program and content contained within the Program is not to be considered medical advice, and nothing within the Program is intended to provide or act as a substitute for mental health treatment to Client or legal advice to Client. Client understands and agree that while Consultant is a licensed clinical social worker and has been trained and educated to provide individual, family, and co-parenting counseling services, Program offers consultation and training services only, separate and apart from Consultant’s professional practice. There are no counseling or therapy-based elements to Program, and is not meant for those who are in need of their own counseling or therapy services. Client’s enrollment into Program does not make him/her Consultant’s patient, and no therapist-patient relationship is being formed. Program is not intended to be a substitute for medical treatment or therapy/counseling, nor is Program designed to provide Client with a medical diagnosis, treatment, or other medical services. Client understands and agrees Program is not providing any medical advice, is not providing any counseling or therapy services, is not a substitute to Client seeking personalized therapy for his/herself, nor is it attempting to diagnose or treat any mental or physical medical conditions.
- Consultant encourages Client to consult a physician and/or a licensed therapist if he/she suspects he/she may benefit from such services. We will assume that all individuals choosing to purchase Program will have previously obtained clearance and permission from their applicable personal medical physician or therapist and has concluded that the coaching Program offered is right for them. Nothing contained within Program is intended to diagnose, cure, treat, or prevent any medical condition or disease, nor is it to be considered medical advice in any capacity.
- Discontinuation of Program
- Program does not provide any medical advice, treatment, or counseling/therapy services to Client. If at any point during Program, Consultant believes Client to be in need of therapy treatment, other counseling services, or further training, Consultant will advise Client of this, and offer to provide a referral to a licensed professional and/or training program, if Consultant knows of one in Client’s geographical area. Client has the right to refuse this referral and ignore the recommendation; however, Client may be asked to discontinue use of Program for his/own well-being, until such treatment or training can be provided. Should Client wish to disregard Consultant’s recommendation and wish to continue with Program, Client agrees to sign an additional waiver confirming this information.
- If Consultant is concerned about Client’s therapeutic interventions with his/her own clients, Consultant will first attempt to support and guide Client. Ultimately, if Consultant is concerned about Client’s therapeutic practices, Consultant will deactivate Client’s membership and Client may no longer participate in Program. No future monthly fees will be incurred.
- If Client has not completed Program at the time of discontinuation, any decisions regarding partial refunds are the sole decision of Consultant, and may or may not be offered.
- Because Program is based on a monthly membership paid through the membership portal, Client may cancel his/her subscription at any time as allowed through the membership portal.
- Voluntary Participation
- Client understands and agrees that he/she is voluntarily choosing to enroll in Program and is solely responsible for any outcomes or results. While Consultant believes in her services and that Program is able to help many people, You acknowledge and agree that Dene Carroll or her team is not responsible nor liable to Client should Client sustain any injuries, incur harm (including professional harm), or encounter any negative ramifications. Client agrees that he/she is fully responsible for his/her professional conduct with his/her own therapy clients, his/her health and well-being, including participation in Program and any results therein.
- Disclaimer / No Guarantees
- Client understands that he or she must actively participate in the full Program in order to see results and get the best advice; however, results are not guaranteed. While many of Consultant’s past and current clients have experienced wonderful benefits from the Program, and Consultant and his/her team will act in their full capacity to ensure your success and happiness in the Program, Consultant cannot guarantee results of the Program, and cannot make any representations or guarantees regarding individual results. Client will hold Consultant and Program harmless if he or she does not experience the desired results.
- Consultant is not providing clinical supervision to Client. Consultant will only work with fully licensed therapists in good standing with their licensing board. Consultant will provide Client with clinical advice. That advice is based upon the details provided to Consultant by the Client, and the advice is based upon Consultant’s professional opinion, training, and background. Client is responsible for bringing thorough information about difficult cases to Program so that Consultant can provide the best advice. However, Consultant is never able to know all of the dynamics or details and is not privy to most details of the treatment. Therefore, Client understands that he or she is ultimately responsible for providing his/her clients with therapeutic services in accordance with Client's local laws, licensing board, and ethical practices. Consultant is unable to provide any advice about regional or geographical differences in Client’s ethical or legal requirements related to Client providing therapeutic services to Client’s own therapy clients.
- Program is not a substitute for risk management or consulting with a legal professional to manage liability and malpractice concerns. Client acknowledges that Consultant is not aware of geographical and regional differences in licensing expectations or regional laws and Client is always responsible for conducting himself/herself in accordance with regional governing laws/ethics. Client should always seek legal advice when Client has concerns about professional liability and navigating difficult client situations. Consultant does not and will not provide legal advice. In addition to clinical support provided in Program, Client should regularly seek legal advice to ensure he/she is practicing within the ethical and legal parameters set forth by Client’s regulatory body and/or licensing board. Consultant is held harmless for any wrongdoing that may come from Client’s practice with his/her clients.
- Earnings Disclaimer: Consultant also does not make any guarantees or assurances regarding a particular financial outcome based on use of Program, nor is Consultant responsible for Client earnings, or any increase or decrease in finances based upon information within Program. Any information or testimonials regarding past or current clients’ participation in programs, or working with Consultant contained on Website or in sales material that contain financial information are individual, and results may vary.
- Client understands that all services provided by Consultant in connection with the Program being purchased are provided on an “as is” basis, meaning it is without any guarantees, representations, or warranties, including but not limited to warranties relating to quality, non-infringement, fitness for a particular purpose, merchantability, or expectation or course of performance. Client is choosing to purchase this Program and work with Consultant on a purely voluntary basis and does not hold Consultant or Program responsible should Client become dissatisfied with any portion of the Program.
- Client agrees that he/she does not have a cause of action, legal remedy, and is not entitled to a refund should he/she not achieve the results desired following completion of the program, as long as Consultant delivers the Program as described in Paragraph 1 above, or similar substitutes, upon additional agreement by Consultant and Client.
- Client agrees to hold Consultant harmless should any physical, emotional, or financial injury occur as a direct or indirect result of the Program. The content provided by Consultant on his/her website and within the Program is comprised of information that has worked for Consultant and other clients, and may or may not be useful to Client in his/her personal business or life. Client understands Consultant cannot guarantee results from this Program, and has no expectation of a specific result that he or she holds Consultant responsible for.
- Waiver/Assumption of the Risk
- Client understands he/she is entering into a Program for the purpose of achieving a desired health, fitness, professional, or personal goal through Consultant’s Program. Client confirms he/she is entering into this Program voluntarily and of his/her own free will.
- Client certifies he/she has or will be evaluated by his/her personal physician and obtain medical clearance prior to beginning any fitness, exercise, diet, health or wellness-related program with Consultant. If Client elects not to obtain this medical clearance prior to beginning Program, he/she understands the potential ramifications of such actions and agrees not to hold Consultant responsible for any such injuries or negative consequences.
- Client understands Program may include elements of self-care, diet and exercise, which bring inherent risks of illness, injury, or other similar unanticipated consequences. Client agrees he/she is aware of and assuming these risks in order to voluntarily proceed with Consultant’s Program. Should any such incidents occur, Client understands it is of no fault or responsibility of Consultant, and agrees Consultant is not liable.
- Intellectual Property
- Client agrees and understands that Consultant has created numerous original, creative works in connection with the Program, and agrees that Consultant maintains all copyrights and other intellectual property rights in all original or derivative content associated with or included in the Program, whether created prior to working with Client or specifically for Client, including but not limited to: documents, charts, emails, graphs, products, systems, processes, handouts, worksheets, copy for website or sales pages, and any other original work created by Consultant. Client agrees she may be granted a limited right to use selected materials in the course of his or her own business, but understands that the original proprietary rights remain with Consultant. Nothing in this Agreement shall constitute a transfer of ownership of any Intellectual Property from Consultant to Client, nor grant any license to use the information, other than that which is expressly provided throughout the course of the Program.
- Client agrees and understands he/she is not to copy, repost, alter, publish, sell, assist others in selling, manipulate, distribute, or in any way exploit any of the content or intellectual property provided by Consultant or obtained through working with Consultant, without Consultant’s express written consent. If such behavior is discovered or suspected, Consultant reserves the right to immediately end Client’s participation in the Program without refund, as well as access to any program or materials Client may have purchased, without refund, and reserve the right to prosecute any actionable infringement or misuse to the full extent of the law.
- Licensee Rights: Consultant’s Limited License to Client: Client understands that in purchasing the Program, she/he is gaining access to view all content and information available as part of the Program, as well as any additional information or content shared with him/her by Consultant as she sees fit. Client understands this means he/she will have been granted a limited, revocable, non-transferrable license to read and use the information provided for use in his/her business and life, as instructed or allowed by Consultant. As a “Licensee,” Client understands and agrees that Client will not:
- Copy, edit, distribute, duplicate or steal any information or any Content obtained through Program without written permission by Consultant; post, distribute, copy, steal or otherwise use any portion of the Program or its content, or information obtained via other members in the group Program without written permission by Consultant, and understand that any such use may constitute infringement, which may give rise to a cause of action against Client.
- Claim any content created by Consultant as part of the Program or otherwise given to Client is his/her own, meaning he/she cannot claim any content created by Consultant was Client’s work, and use in his/her business as his/her own; share purchased materials, information, content with others who have not purchased them.
- Client further acknowledges and understands that any such actions including but not limited to those outlined above will likely constitutes infringement and/or theft of our work, and a violation of this Agreement and United States Federal laws.
- Client agrees at all times to defend, fully indemnify and hold Consultant and any affiliates, agents, team members or other party associated with Consultant harmless from any causes of action, injury, illness, misunderstanding, damages, losses, costs, expenses incurred as a result of Client’s use of Program, as well as any third-party claims of any kind (including attorney’s fees) arising from his/her actions as a direct or indirect result of Client’s participation in Program. Should Consultant be required to defend herself in any action directly or indirectly involving Client, or an action where we decide Client’s participation or assistance would benefit Consultant’s defense, Client agrees to participate and provide any evidence, documents, testimony, or other information deemed useful by Consultant, free of charge.
- Dispute Resolution
- Should a dispute arise between Consultant and Client, the parties agree to attempt to resolve by good-faith negotiations and discussions. (Client agrees that failure to see results is not a basis for a “dispute” and agrees he or she does not hold Consultant responsible for any specific results, or those results which have been achieved by other clients of Consultant.)
- If unable to reach a resolution informally, Client and Consultant agree that all disputes will be submitted for Arbitration by the American Arbitration Association, to be completed in Santa Rosa, California, within a reasonable amount of time. Client and Consultant agree to participate in the arbitration process in good faith and in a manner that will effectively and efficiently resolve the dispute at hand, including the exchange of any materials, documents, or information. The decision made by the arbitrator is to be final and binding on both parties, and is not to be appealed or otherwise set aside. It is to be enforceable in any court of proper jurisdiction as a judgement of law or decree.
- Applicable Law
- This Agreement shall be governed by and under control of the laws of California regardless of conflict of law principles, and regardless of location of Client. Client understands this and agrees that the laws of California are to be applicable here.
- This agreement is not to be altered, amended, changed, extended, or considered waived without execution of an additional addendum signed by both Client and Consultant, or a party authorized to sign on behalf of either party.
PROGRAM OUTLINE ADDENDUM
Client understands, acknowledges, and agrees he/she is purchasing the Court Involved Consultation + Study Group Monthly Membership.
Once Client has joined, the Program will run monthly, until Consultant ends the business, discontinues the offer, or the client termintates membereship. During this time, Consultant will provide the following products and/or services to all members within the group setting:
- Consultant and his/her team will facilitate two 90 minute groups per month. Groups will take place on the 2nd Monday of the Month, 9-10:30 (Led by Elizabeth Crenshaw) Pacific Time and on the4th Thursday of the Month, 12-1:30 (led by Dené Carroll). All groups will be 90 minutes. Facilitator and times may change with 4-weeks notice. All groups will be 90 minutes, conducted via zoom, and led by Dene Carroll or another consultant of her choosing. Dates and times may be subject to change, with 4 weeks notice, and those announcements will be made within the membership portal. If additional consultation groups are added, those will be listed and announced in the membership portal. Client may attend one, or all, groups that are offered.
- All consultation sessions will be conducted via Zoom, with links provided within the membership portal. If Client is more than 10-minutes late to the session, they will not be allowed to participate.
- Consultant will upload relevant articles and other materials to the “Resources” section of the membership portal.
Client has carefully read this Program Outline and acknowledges that he/she is aware of what is, and what is not included within this Program. Client is aware that this Program Outline includes EVERYTHING included within the Program. If Client expected additional information, products, services, or other information to be provided in this Program but does not see it here, Client understands it may not be included. Consultant is under no obligation to provide anything other than what is listed above, with the exception of updated or ever-changing Bonuses offered for limited periods of time. No edits or amendments may be made to this Program Outline Addendum without express written consent of both parties.
By completing the online purchase and being charged the amount listed above, Client confirms he or she has reviewed this Program Outline, completed any and all appropriate additional research, and asked any and all necessary questions of Consultant and his/her team in order to feel appropriately educated of the Program and product/service being offered. Client understands he or she will not be entitled to a refund once completing this purchase for any reason, other than as discussed above.